Thursday, April 15, 2010

Well, shoot

I didn't get the second job I interviewed for. This kind of stinks at this point. I don't know what else to apply to. I want to use my degree in some capacity, but I don't want to work 40 hours a week. Why is it so hard to find jobs that are mom friendly?

I don't know what I want, honestly. When the number came up on my phone, I was dreading that she would offer me the job. When she didn't offer me the job, I was also disappointed. I really don't know what I should do.

I got right back on the computer and started to look for more employment. There is NOTHING that is "right" for me. There are some substitute teacher openings here on base, but there is very last minute notice on things like that. I have to have notice so I can make sure that Ian has somewhere to go.

Financially I don't HAVE to work. We can get by if I don't. But it would really help a lot towards paying off cars and student loans and not having to pinch every penny we come across. Gah.

My day has been awesome so far. It's payday with no paycheck, I didn't get the job, I can't find any other jobs to apply for (other than the base Class Six, AKA liquor store), and I am waiting not-so-patiently for my cat to poop so I can bag it and take it into the vet's office. I think I'm ready for bed.

No comments: