Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oh, Target

Target is my absolute favorite place to shop. I just love it. It's quiet, it's relaxing, they have everything I could ever need, and their stuff is decent quality. Unfortunately, there is ONE Target in the entire city of Fayetteville. The consequence of that is Target is NOT quiet, it is NOT relaxing. The parking lot is a nightmare, there are no carts to be found inside, and it is packed with people.

I'm not sure what my alternative to Target is. Of course we have our BXs here on base, but sometimes they just don't have what I need. For example, I am looking for a cell phone charger organizer and a paper organizer for my kitchen. The BX does not have what I want. Target probably would, but since it takes over 30 minutes to get there and is a madhouse...just not sure it's worth the trip. We have a WalMart pretty close, but we despise WalMart. I'm half tempted to take the 50 mile drive to Raleigh, but that's bordering on insane on my part. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and do some exploring this weekend. I just REALLY want to finish my unpacking and organizing. We have a bunch of boxes still in the living room that need homes. It's all our DVDs and books. We need a DVD unit and a bookcase. And, of course, my cell phone and paper organizers.

I was pretty stoked to find out there are IKEAs in North Carolina. But the closest is in Charlotte, 2 1/2 hours away. And I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get a bookcase and DVD storage unit in my Honda and get it all the way back to Pope. Why, oh why, does Fayetteville have to ruin Target?

On the plus side, tonight's dinner is Oven-Fried Chicken with Worchestershire Brown Rice and steamed broccoli. Hoping it's as good as it sounds! Our new favorite cookbook is The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. It's got some yummy stuff in there (the sweet potato fries and tonight's rice both came from that book) that is pretty easy to make.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Target is great... but it's a HUGE temptation. I always spend way too much money there. The fact that they have everything I need is the problem with it!

You can probably get the organizer things at Office Depot or Office Max or some office store. Is there a Container Store? Or just use the internet! =) Amazon.com has great deals and prices.