Thursday, June 1, 2006

Feelings got hurt today

This is so silly, but it turned me into a blubbering mess and gave me a bloody nose (nice, huh?). One of the boards I go to had a woman asking why so many women are choosing an elective induction, so I explained the reasoning for mine. I specifically said that I would start NATURAL induction techniques at 37 weeks with a medical induction (if necessary) at 39 weeks. She asked me why I would have an induction at 37 weeks when full term is 38-42 weeks (well, full term is 37 weeks according to my doctor with most births occuring between 38-42 weeks). Okay, fine, so she has different facts than I do. But then she went on to basically call me selfish for wanting my husband to be present for the birth when allowing my baby a couple more days to grow is good for his development. I understand that--I don't expect to go into labor right at 37 weeks, but yes, I plan to do what I can to make it happen shortly there after. I wouldn't do it if I (and my doctors!!) thought it was bad for my baby. I guess I just can't stand when people rudely state opinions about things they don't understand. Until her husband is deploying a couple of days after her due date, I don't want to hear it. Just put me in a crummy mood. :( Another girl did stand up for me, though, so that was really sweet. It seems so silly to be upset about this, but it hurt my feelings. :(

No comments: