Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Childbirth classes

We had our first childbirth class last Thursday. It was okay. There were a lot of couples there, so I think the class would have been a little better if there hadn't been so many people. I didn't learn a lot because of the reading I've already done, but it was still nice to be with the other girls and hear about their experiences. Plus, we get to tour Labor and Delivery and see the nursery in a couple of weeks. We learned that there is no NICU at the hospital, so if we are preterm or they expect any complications, our care will be transfered to an off-base hospital. We need to go to the other hospitals and come up with our travel route and do a tour just in case (although I'm not expecting to need another hospital). My belly button is a mess. It doesn't know whether to pop or stay in. The top half of it is out, and the rest of it is still slightly in, mostly flat. It's not very cute--I'd like both halves to come up with some kind of consensus and go the same way, you know? I'm getting more achy each day. It's getting a little old, really. I told Hazen the other day that the pregnant thing isn't all that much fun anymore, and he looked surprised and asked "why?". I'd like him to get pregnant and see how much fun he considers it to be...:p

No comments: