Friday, September 18, 2009

Creepy Crawlies!!!

Last night, out of the corner of my eye, I caught a large blob walking towards my son. It was a big, brown, fat spider. I freaked out and picked Ian up while Hazen killed it. Okay, one spider, no big deal. We get Ian put to bed and all of a sudden there is SCREAMING like I have never heard coming from his room; my poor child was huddled on his chair screaming bloody murder. There was ANOTHER of those massive spiders crawling around his bedroom floor! Poor baby was traumatized and kept saying "Scary! It's scary!" while Hazen killed that one. Then he kept saying boo-boo, so of course I was freaked out that he had gotten bitten, but it turned out he was talking about the spider's boo-boos. We let him watch us flush the spider, then we cuddled in our bed for a bit, then he flushed the spider one more time for good measure, and went back to sleep in his room. He woke twice with nightmares last night.

So Hazen looked them up online, and they are either hobo spiders (very poisonous) or giant house spiders (yes, that's the actual name, lol. They are not poisonous). Hazen read that hobo spiders do not have spots and he knows at least one of them did, so we're hoping they're the non-poisonous variety. We've lived there for over a year, and I have never seen anything like that. Hazen stepped on one of them a long time ago, but he hadn't seen any since. Two in one night is unnerving!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YIKES!