Monday, July 24, 2006
37 week appointment
I didn't get my internal today--so disappointed. Honestly, it's okay though. Even if I am making progress (I better be!!) it doesn't tell me a lot--it could still mean labor tomorrow or labor in 4 weeks. There is no way to know. He did tell me that my weight gain is PERFECT--exactly what he likes to see, and that he hasn't see a gain as good as mine in awhile. It made me feel good. :) My weight is starting to stabalize, which is good. The baby is taking pretty much everything at this point and gaining anywhere from half a pound to a pound a week. The doctor did feel my belly and the baby is head down and low. He said that Ian is probably about 7 pounds now and will likely be right around 8 when we deliver. He assured me he wouldn't be the nearly 11 pound monster Hazen was. :) Hazen really wants the baby to come, I think mostly because he will be ROD'd until he leaves by then. :) We'll be having a lot of sex and doing a lot of walking in the next few days--I'm hoping it will help. I've been having menstrual cramps which the doctor told me where "delocalized contractions". Basically, they're confused. :) He said my body is figuring out things need to start happening soon, but it's still not completely sure of what to do, I guess. I thought it was funny. He was happy to hear that I am having some painful contractions every so often, so he expects that I'm making progress and that the baby can get here at any time. Hopefully while he's still closer to 7 pounds than 8...:) I will for sure have my membranes stripped next week as long as I'm dilating. Hopefully, though, I'll be in labor before then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment