Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Frustrated
I went shopping with my friend Patty the other day at Motherhood. She's about 18 weeks, and is still tiny. We're both tiny--I'm almost 25 weeks and I'm still not looking obviously pregnant. I'm just bugged because I was IN a maternity store, WEARING maternity clothes, and still, no one knew I was pregnant. There was a woman in there due July 4, only 5 weeks ahead of me, and she was obviously pregnant. I was actually surprised she still had that long to go, to be honest. Now, I think I'm HUGE because I've been so small my entire life that I just can't believe people can't tell I'm pregnant not chunky. Now, they realized that Patty was pregnant because she was the one trying stuff on (I've done my shopping, so I'm trying to be good and not get too much more)and they talk to her about her due date and stuff. We go up to pay (or Patty goes up to pay) and I asked about the lotion because I had the white but switched to the pink "vanilla bean" last time. I discovered that not only was the pink stuff more runny, but it smelled like play-doh, not vanilla bean. So the lady finally asks "Are you pregnant, too?". Finally. I guess I'm just flustered that I'm so far along and still not obvious. I know I'll be glad when I'm not huge at the end but right now, I'd just like someone to acknowledge me. I really feel like I must just look fat when people do that, you know? It's so upsetting. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment