I'm nervous! I've been here for a year and a half. It's part of my routine now. I've been very anxious to be home with my kiddo the last year and a half, but now that it's almost here, I don't really know what to do. I have all these visions of art projects and trips to the children's museum, but I also know he's not the same little boy that I used to be home with. He's grown up and keeping him entertained is a little more tricky these days.
I am of course still his mommy. I play with him. I know his interests. But I haven't done the day-to-day stuff with him in quite a while. I have the evenings. We spend those eating dinner, taking baths, reading stories, and going to bed. The weekends are full of errands and trips out of town. But there is a big 10-hour chunk that I don't deal with Monday through Friday. It's kind of scary to have that much time looming over me.
I guess the transition will be easy-ish for us, at least initially. The next week is very full. Tonight Hazen goes to Butte, and he'll be back tomorrow afternoon sometime (then I'll come in for my "last day" of work). Tonight, Ian and I are building a ginger bread house. I have no plans yet for the morning, but I assume there will be pancake baking and coloring involved. Saturday we have visitors. Hazen's brother and his wife and their 5-month-old twin girls are coming over. The brother-in-law and sister-in-law are going to head out of town for a gig (BIL plays guitar), and we will spend the evening with the girls. They'll come back and stay at our house and head out Sunday. Sunday or Monday we will take Ian to my dad's where he will stay indefinitely. Hazen and I will pack and reserve a UHaul and storage unit. Christmas Eve we will go back to Dad's house, we'll spend the next couple of days between there and Hazen's moms, then we'll come back to Helena and load up our UHaul on the 27th. The 27th and 28th are moving day, the 29th is cleaning day, and the 30th is final inspection day. The 31st is Hazen's birthday, and somewhere between there and the 4th (my birthday) he will leave for Texas for 2 months. Phew!
I am going to take a Quickbooks class online. I want to do at home bookkeeping, but most opportunities require Quickbooks experience. We used Peachtree at my school, so I'm SOL. We'll also get our orders in the next week or two, and the chaos of figuring out where on earth we're going and how we're going to get there will ensue.
Maybe I'll just keep working...that suddenly seems much less stressful...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment