Monday, October 19, 2009

Found My Birth Certificate!!

I don't think I mentioned before that my birth certificate was missing. I was born on an Air Force Base in Germany, so getting a replacement isn't nearly as easy as if I had been born in the States. It required a notarized, hand-written request with a lot of information. It had to be sent to Washington D.C. At that point, they would get in contact with Germany and have the information delivered. The process takes 4-8 weeks.

The problem with a 4-8 week process is that Hazen "technically" needs my birth certificate in ONE week. They were going to be able to buy him about another month, but that was it. I spent last weekend tearing apart our bedroom and yesterday tearing apart our closet. Last weekend, I had gotten the thought that *maybe* it would be in my scrapbooking tower. It was the only thing I had to put important things when I moved to Montana since our furniture took over a month to be delivered. It was in a difficult to get to place (showing how much scrapbooking I've done!) and the effort to get it turned out to be too much. So I gave up.

Last night, I suddenly decided maybe the effort wouldn't be too much and I should try (of course, this was hours after I had begun my frantic search). Three drawers down I came across our current lease and some paperwork from when I started my job...and my birth certificate.

Phew! I was going to feel SOOOO badly if I was the reason he was unable to get back in!

No comments: