Friday, May 29, 2009

Some more disappointment

Hazen didn't get the job in Bozeman. Again. This one was harder to take than the others--this seemed really promising. I'm so bummed out right now but trying not to let Hazen see it. This situation is so draining, and I just have to remember that he's doing his best. Our economy is just not what it should be, and the jobs aren't available. But it's hard to keep myself (and my mouth!) in check sometimes.

He qualified for the extended unemployment benefits and they sent him a check for last week. But now this week's check is "pending" because he's in school...he wasn't in school for the last benefit week. So now we wait until the over worked UI office can catch up and see that his two online courses are NOT going to prevent him from taking a full-time job. It's always something, huh?

I'd like to end this with something upbeat, but I just really can't think of anything. It's early and I'm tired and depressed. Hopefully in another day or two I'll be back to my cheerful, optimistic self. Today I just feel like curling up in bed and crying, but unfortunately I have to work so that's not going to happen. If I cry at work, I'm coming home...:p

No comments: