We thought Hazen had until October for his unemployment, but apparently that was the end of his claim year. Turns out his last payment was last week...which we discovered when we received a letter saying his claim was expired in place of the check we were expecting this week. HUGE bummer...that is literally half of our income, and neither half is very big...
It looks like he should qualify for extended benefits, which would give us until October. He applied online last night, but because he is in school he might not qualify and has to call. WTF? Someone is unemployed, collecting benefits, and taking courses towards his degree so that he can find a job more easily...and he doesn't qualify? You would think that would be something they would encourage since the sooner he graduates the sooner he can (hopefully) find a job and get off UI benefits. But I guess that makes sense...*eye roll* We've decided if it comes between the two, he'll have to stop school (he's in the first week of classes right now) because we need money to pay our bills. School is important, but it's not paying our rent, you know? What a stupid position to be in.
He has an interview with Bozeman next week, and we're really hopeful for good news from that. The job doesn't start until August/September though, so even if he gets an offer, there are several months until he actually starts working. He also has an interview with Missoula in June.
The nasty letter from UI got us all freaked out and now he's applied to a job with the forest service as well as with a daycare center. The daycare center doesn't pay well at all, but it could be a good deal since he would get some kind of discount for Ian and would also be able to be with Ian all day. It's just frustrating.
My child is screaming, so I guess I should end this. I'm so tired of being stressed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a huge bummer! I hope you guys qualify for the extended benefits. My mom has so far, without much effort at all--it probably varies from state to state though... I'm not sure which agencies take care of which programs.
I'm praying it all works out for you!
Post a Comment