Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm proud of us :)

We have used less than one roll of paper towels this month. And these are the Seventh Generation paper towels which have smaller rolls and sheets than we are used to. We used to go through a Costco sized pack of Bounty in about 4-6 months, so being down to less than a roll a month is pretty awesome for us! I very rarely use paper towels anymore--it's actually EASIER to use cloth. We use washcloths for all of Ian's after food cleanings, and rags to dust and clean other areas. Throwing these in the wash a couple of times a week with our cloth napkins (which I got on sale for $1.25 a pack marked down from $8.99!) doesn't add much if any work to my weekly routine. I'm amazed at how easy it is to do things that are good (or better) for the planet. :)

No comments: