Ian is now 20 months old. He is so unbelievably busy. Right now his big thing is that he needs to have some sort of utensil whenever he eats. Even if I grab him some crackers or something similar as a snack, he runs to the utensil drawer and pulls out one of his spoons or forks. He's getting pretty good at using forks, but spoons still require just a little too much coordination.
The "terrible 2's" are in full force. The child throws tantrums over EVERYTHING. There are some days I just want to disappear onto some tropical island for a month. He throws things, he hits, he screams, he tosses himself onto the floor, he kicks. It's all I can do to not throw a fit right back sometimes! But somehow, despite the tantrums, he still manages to be so sweet. Last night he found a bag and was walking around putting things into it: his Play-doh, some shoes, a calculator. He was very proud of himself and it kept him busy (and quiet!) for awhile. He did this while watching Ultimate Fighter with Hazen (Hazen is so proud that he likes it already...yay...).
We got him a potty this week. We have had absolutely no tinkles or poo-poos on it, but he does enjoy sitting on it. I think it makes him feel like a big boy, even though he doesn't seem to really get what it's for. We know he's aware of "pottying" because he announces to us when he has "poo-poo'd", but I don't know that he understands enough about the potty yet. I'm on the lookout for a good book for him and for me. He's only had it 2 days, so I'm not concerned that he's not using it. We don't really expect to fully potty-train him, we just thought it would be good for him to have a potty so he gets used to it and he can sit on it when he wants to. He actually grabbed my hand and brought me to the bathroom so he could sit on it yesterday. :)
He's still being a good sleeper for me--I'm so thankful! He stayed up later than usual last night (he was just too busy to go to sleep), but he's still sleeping now at 8:20, so it's alright. He actually woke up at 7, so I got up to take a shower and by the time I got out, he had fallen back to sleep. So now I'm clean and bored.
I think I'm going to look for something productive to do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Try "Early Start Potty Training" by Linda Sonna.
Post a Comment