Ian will be 8-months old tomorrow. He's growing up so fast, I can't believe it.
He's grown a lot in the last month--he's changed just since Hazen's gotten home. Suddenly he has all this hair, and he's getting a little chubby. He's also getting long. He's still just got the two bottom teeth, but the top two are coming in and making for a cranky baby. He got moved into the convertible carseat last week. I was sad about the milestone, but he looks so much more comfortable in it. I also took apart the swing yesterday and put that up. I also had to go through all his clothes and box up what's too small. He's outgrowing everything.
We started him on finger foods a couple of days ago. He gets some of the Gerber puffs. He LOVES them. The first time he could not figure out what to do with them. He just kept grabbing the bowl and flinging it over his head. But now, he can get most of what he attempts to get into his mouth into his mouth. A lot of them still end up on the floor and in his lap, but it's a big improvement. It cracks me up how hard he concentrates on what he's doing--it's tough getting those chubby little fingers to do what he wants!
He's almost crawling, but not quite. I guess I'm glad since I enjoy not running after him, but at the same time I feel like it's time. I thought he'd be doing it by now. He gets on his hands and knees and rocks, but that's about it. He always changes his mind and either rolls onto his back or sits back down. Today for the first time I watched him go from his tummy to his bottom. I was pretty impressed. He also let me watch him roll around his bedroom last night. He's been rolling to get places, but I have never seen him do it. I'll leave the room with him in one place and get back with him in another, but finally last night he showed me how he does it.
Sleep still sucks. He did sleep for 5 hours straight last night, though--the most sleep I've gotten since he was born!! He even slept all night in his crib--I never brought him into bed with me. He FINALLY went to sleep just before 11 (he's been doing that lately. I don't know if it's because of the teething or what, but it's exhausting!!!), woke up at 1, then slept until 6. He went back down around 6:20 and slept until 8:50 when we got up for the day. He also took two naps today, one was 1 1/2 hours and the other was 30 minutes, and now he's been in bed for about an hour (since 6:30). Hopefully he stays asleep for awhile and doesn't think it's time to wake up for a few hours when he wakes up.
I know I have more to say, but I can't think of it. I'll update when I remember. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment