Friday, April 27, 2007

8 1/2 months

Okay, okay. I know this is four updates in half a month. I think I'll be done after this one, though--I can't imagine him learning anything ele in the next two weeks!!
After weeks and weeks of expecting it to happen at anytime, he is FINALLY CRAWLING!!! It is so cute. He's into everything now (like he wasn't before...), and we're busy and tired now (I'm chasing him everywhere), but I'm so proud of him. :)
He started it two nights ago, Wednesday the 25th. We were out the whole day running errands and we came home and took a nap together from 4-6. He usually doesn't get a nap that late since he goes to bed around 7, but he's still doing his thing where he'll go down for a couple of hours then be up until 11 or 12. We got up from our nap, and suddenly he knew how to crawl. I set him on the living room floor and sat next to Hazen on the couch. He had an empty jug of orange juice on the bottom tier of the coffee table (obviously he drinks out of the carton) and Ian saw it and wanted it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him crawl but I wasn't really focused on what I was seeing. Then I realized he was right next to the jug and I said to Hazen "Oh my gosh. I think he just crawled over here". So I moved the jug in front of the entertainment center, and sure enough, he crawled right over to it.
His first day of crawling was pretty funny. He'd get on his hands and knees and pretty much pull his knees along with his arms. His arms would get tired quickly and he'd have to stop and rest pretty often. But then his second day (yesterday) he got pretty good. He actually uses his knees, too, now. I thought the crawling might make him a little more independant, but not really. Today he was sitting with all his toys and he crawled over to me and sat down next to me. Oh well--it makes the baby chasing a little easier when he stays put.
I'm a little panicked because I didn't finish the baby proofing. I started doing all the cabinet locks the night he started crawling, but those things are a PAIN. I can't do them well at all. I've finished two and messed up two more. Blah.
His sleep is back and forth. He slept awesome for about a week, then the three nights before last night he was awake every 1-2 hours again. But then last night he slept from 7-2:30 and then 3-7. Then I brought him to bed with me and nursed him back to sleep until 9. I love those nights. I think all the crawling yesterday tired him out.
He's sitting at my feet crying (I think it's naptime) so I need to end this. I just had to share our exciting news. :)

No comments: