Saturday, March 25, 2006
Went shopping
We had waited to know what we were having before buying anything. All we had was a green bib and towel set that said "I love my mommy" and "I love my daddy". So the day after finding out Ian was a he, I had to go to Babies R Us. HAD to. I was alone because Hazen had to work. As I'm driving through the parking lot (very, very slowly I might add) this huge Suburban comes backing straight into me! She stopped just in time, but I was so angry. I was in a parking lot FILLED with kids (it was a Saturday, and there were tons of families and strollers and toddlers everywhere) and this woman comes backing out without looking? And she would have wiped out my Accord. She was MUCH bigger than me. So right there, I turned into a blubbering mess. I was so upset because she had almost hit my rear passengers side--which is where my baby's carseat would have been had he been born yet! She could have wiped out my baby! Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little, but I'm pregnant, I'm hormonal, and my stomach flu had been a real person for less than 24 hours. I was not pleased. So I parked and called Hazen crying that that evil woman had tried to kill my baby. I wipe my face, and walk into the store. Suddenly, the baby store I had loved and easily walked through so many times before became a scary dungeon. When I didn't know he was a boy, for whatever reason, he just didn't seem so real to me. Now, I had a baby boy that needs soooo much and I had no idea where to start. I was there mostly just to get something blue--I wanted something very "boy". I wandered through the outfits, and I just couldn't find anything that was "right" for my baby. I wandered through aisle after aisle of baby supplies. Suddenly, I had to get out of there. I couldn't do this! I left the store crying and empty handed. Again, I called Hazen crying. I told him I was a horrible mom because first I had almost let that woman hit me and then I couldn't even find him something to wear? What was I going to do? Have a naked baby? I was so upset. I'm starting to think pregnant women shouldn't be allowed out of the house on their own. And I haven't even gotten into the affect country music has on my when I'm driving--I've had to enforce a self imposed ban on country music if I'm alone in the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment