Tuesday, January 24, 2006

1st appointment

I had my 12-week appointment (even though I was actually 11wks3days). We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. At first, I couldn't hear it. I could hear mine because it was so loud, but I couldn't hear the baby's. I wanted to cry--I felt like such a horrible mommy. Gotta love those hormones. :) When I finally heard it, it was so amazing. It finally made things a little more real. I wasn't feeling anything other than a little sick and a lot tired until that point, so to hear that there really was something living in there was awesome. I was so excited. :) My blood pressure was high when I first went in, and lowered later. I'm a little worried about that, but I know it's not likely a concern until later. And the fact that it lowered means that I was probably nervous when I walked in (honestly, I was terrified we wouldn't hear the heartbeat and they'd tell me my baby was dead). Its heartbeat was 152bpm. Weight today: 125

No comments: