I’ve been meaning to do this for awhile. My son does things everyday that crack me up, and I’m terrified of the day he doesn’t do them anymore and I forget about them. So I’m going to try hard to regularly write down (type out…whatever) the things he does that I really enjoy.
For example, he loves to talk on the phone. When he wants to say hi, he says over and over again “Eee-hi. Eee-hi”. No idea what the Eee part means, but he always puts that in front of the “hi”. His favorite movies right now are Jurassic Park and The Lost World, and he loves dinosaurs. He “roar!!!”s at things a lot, including the paper mache bear at the library. In fact, Jurassic Park is called “Roar!!”.
Bedtime is a pain. He never goes right to bed. He has figured out his “childproof” doorknob thing, and will sneak out of his bedroom as quietly as he can. His more common escapades include the bathroom to brush his teeth (with my toothbrush) or put on makeup (obviously, with my makeup) or lotion. He also enjoys Hazen’s “weight-room” (or laundry room, but whatever) and will lift the small weights until we catch him. Luckily he likes to leave lights on everywhere, so we can generally figure out he’s escaped pretty quickly.
His bedroom consists of a toddler bed and a glider. The glider is constantly dumped on its side, and the toddler bed has seen better days. He likes to jump on it and say “boing!!”. It’s not made for that kind of abuse, so last Thursday we ordered him a big boy bed—a full-size mattress set. It should be arriving by early next week. He also likes to take his vent out of the floor and leave it in random places (it’s not screwed down). I promise the child used to have furniture, a dresser and a bookcase, to be exact. That was until he pulled the drawers out of the dresser in a way that the tracks broke and the wood cracked, and until he pulled his bookcase over so his head was poking out of the cheap cardboard back. Now his nice furniture (his table and chairs and matching bookcase/storage unit) is in the living room.
He has been counting to 3 for awhile, but on Saturday, March 14, he made it to 4! Today, Monday, March 16, he made it to 6! He also sang me the ABC song completely on his own last night (couldn’t understand all the letters, but the tune was perfect!). I also have a habit of reminding Hazen that he is two, and now when Ian is about to get in trouble he will turn around with his two fingers up and say “two”, like he’s reminding us “Hey guys, I’m only two”. It’s hard to not laugh.
I am setting up a page for Ian at http://www.totspot.com/. It's taking me a little longer to set up than I had planned, but I will post the link once it's ready for viewing, hopefully by the end of the week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment