Saturday, February 23, 2008

February with the Nobles

It's been a busy month here in the Noble household. Hopefully I can remember everything...
First, my little boy turned 18-months old. I don't know what happened--it's like a switch went off in his brain, and suddenly he's this chattering toddler. He's been picking up words like crazy this last couple of weeks: "pee-pee", "poo-poo", "stinky", "no way", "I love you (ah-yuvyou)", "choo-choo", "beep beep", etc. He's a little chatterbox. :) He also picked up his first swear word--the f-bomb. He's only said it once so I'm hoping he's forgotten. Hazen yelled it out and of course our little shadow yelled it right back. I'm sure Hazen will be watching his mouth a little more carefully...
At his 18 month appointment he was 27 lbs and 34 1/2 inches. We also had a consultation with a surgeon for his umbilical hernia. So far things seem to be okay, but we go back in May to make sure. He said that most likely it will clear up on it's own but if not he won't need surgery until he's 4 or 5. So that's definitely good to hear--the thought of my baby under anesthesia was terrifying. :(
My mom came to visit for a week. That was really nice. She was able to get to know Ian and she and I got to catch up. We will hopefully be able to do that more often.
Valentines Day was a blast. We got tickets to see "Phantom". It was absolutely incredible--the second it started I was crying because the set was just so beautiful. If you're ever in Vegas--SEE IT. It's worth every penny. Hazen also got me a dress and a necklace to wear, and he dressed up in a suit. Afterwards we hit Margaritaville for some margaritas (really?????) and some super nachos. It was such a great night. :)
Hmm, what else? We finally got the camera I've been drooling over. Hazen sat on our Kodak (thank goodness--I HATED that thing) and totally busted it. So we got a Nikon D40x and I LOVE it. I don't have a clue what I'm doing with all the lenses and filters and settings, but I'm enjoying learning. :) I also finally got my Wii. I just happened to wander into the right store at the right time and got one. I love that, too. The bad thing is I think I might be a little addicted...
And, the big event of the month: I finished my last class. I'm stoked--I've graduated college FINALLY. Before my final I had 100% in the class, so I'm pretty confident I've gotten an A which gives me a final GPA of 3.79. I'm very happy with it. Now I have to get a job and pay those loans back...joy. But at least I've got my piece of paper (or I will soon).
Lastly, my little brother is in Iraq (again). He's been over there for over a month, and my dad will be joining him (again) next week. So any extra thoughts and prayers would be really appreciated until they're both home safely.
I guess I should end this now and get to bed. It's almost midnight and I'm sure the baby will be waking up in a few hours. Good night everyone. :)

No comments: