Online "group" projects...AKA dumbest idea EVER Current mood: angry
I'm so sick of this. I am in two senior level classes: senior project and auditing. Both classes have team projects. Auditing has nothing due until week 5, but here we are in week 1 and my ENTIRE team has already stepped up and started on it. It's amazing, seriously amazing--they're acting like *gasp* SENIORS!!!!
However, senior project. This entire course is a group project--we are a consulting firm. Everything we do in this class is as a team. As is typical Stefanie, I have been posting several times a day, everyday trying to get this done. Our assignment for the week was to post our resume, critique our teammates resumes, come up with a team name, and write a team contract. It's really not a lot--everything was pretty simple (I would know...I did it ALL...).
I have not heard from my team since TUESDAY. Not a single flipping person (I have 4 other teammates). On Thursday, I posted my opinions on what should be included in the contract--I wanted the draft done by yesterday (Friday) but no one was posting anything so I did a big chunk to get things rolling. No one said anything. Finally, one girl posted "This looks great, Stefanie!" when I had specifically asked that EVERYONE critique it and CONTRIBUTE. I said this was NOT the draft, just some ideas, and EVERYONE needed to give opinions and input on each section. I had one "great job" and 3 nothings.
Today (Saturday morning) I emailed my team this:
"Guys:Here we are on Saturday and the only one who has given me any kind of opinion on the contract is Sandra. I didn't mean for my draft to be "it". I had hoped for more opinions and input. It's a TEAM contract--I expected the TEAM to write it.We haven't decided on a team name. Team Velocity is going to be it if I don't hear anything else. James had a suggestion of Con Go also, but Team Velocity is the only thing that has any kind of input. Also, does anyone want to volunteer for making the final draft of the contract? I don't feel comfortable assigning it to anyone because I don't know if the person I assign it to will know I've assigned it. Everyone has kind of disappeared."
This is just insane to me. How do you ignore a team project? These are all smart people (according to their resumes...liars...). It's going to be a looooong eight weeks if this is any indication how it's going to go. This was our "easy" week and everyone blew it.
Oh well, as this week's leader I get to write the team status report which details what everyone did and submit it to the professor. When their grades are posted, maybe it will motivate them a little more to get moving. Such bs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment