Mr. Ian is a whopping 14-months-old today. He is taking his nap (finally) so I have a few free minutes. What has he been up to this month? For starters, crawling is a thing of the past. He has been walking for awhile, but in the last few weeks, he has started to refuse to crawl. He can now stand himself right up in the middle of the floor, it's not even a challenge to him.
He thinks EVERYTHING is funny right now. He'll be walking around talking to himself and then he will just suddenly start to laugh. It's actually a little creepy. He can say some more words now. He repeats "all done" (he says it "ah-doe!"), and "yes" ("yesh"). He still says "Hmm" after most stuff, like he's thinking about it. I'll point to something and say "That's a chair", and he'll say "Hmm".
He loves his sippy cups. Oh, and the toilet. Yeah, that's a lot of fun. I had some of those toilet thingies that keep the lid closed--absolute crap! It took him all of two minutes to figure out how to rip it off. So now he loves to lift the lids and put his hands or whatever else is within reach into the toilet. It's fantastic.
He still loves books. He will take his books off the shelves and bring them into the living room and just flip through them. He can spend a surprising amount of time doing that. I'm not complaining--it's quiet time for me!
Hazen has taught him to "headbutt". Ian can be anywhere in the apartment and if Hazen says "Ian! Headbutt!" he'll come running in and give Hazen a headbutt. He also gives big, wet, slobbery kisses--on the mouth. It's sweet but pretty gross, too. :)
Okay, as you can see from my mood I'm not feeling great today, so I'm going to end this now. Just wanted to give a quick update on the little man. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment