Thursday, August 9, 2007

ONE!

My baby boy is one whole year old today. I've been a little sad this week, but I'm doing pretty good today (I only cried a little ).
He took his first three steps last night. He was standing up with the coffee table and then all of a sudden let go and "took off". He landed on his face, but he handled it very well. :)
Other than that, I don't know what else to say. He's very talkative. He makes all kinds of noises, but still not many real words--just mama and mom. He does say "mmm" and I think he says "Ow". Other than that, not much.
He loves to eat. He's all for the big people food now, and won't touch baby food. His favorites include macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, chicken and asparagus. Yes, asparagus. I actually have some that I'm going to try and figure out how to cook for his first birthday meal. Wish me luck (I have never cooked asparagus in my life).
His birthday party is this Saturday--just working on getting all the last minute stuff taken care of. Hopefully it will be a nice, fun day for him. :)
He just woke up from his nap, so I guess I should go get him out of bed.

No comments: