I am so finished with school. The thought of another 16 weeks is about to drive me crazy.
In my online classes, I generally have a weekly quiz per class, this term being no different. However, for the first time in 3 1/2 years, both classes are multiple choice AND essay. Fine, except that my teachers keep FORGETTING TO GRADE MY ESSAYS causing me to find extremely dismal grades in my gradebook. I emailed both teachers last week and my accounting teacher was really nice and fixed it right away, apologizing for the mistake. This week, she didn't mess it up at all (yay!). My business teacher didn't reply to my email, but did fix the error. This week, however, he did it again. My mulitple choice questions were clearly graded (all correct, thank you very much) but my essays were not, leaving me a grade of 8/20. So I emailed him:
"Hello, Professor.I was reviewing my quiz from week 2 and again the essay questions don'tappear to be graded. Thank you. :)Stefanie Noble"
The reply I got:
"Stefanie,I posted my schedule in an announcement several weeks ago. The plan isto have TDA participation posted on Mondays, the course project andassignments on Tuesday, and the quizzes on Wednesday. Your quiz will be looked at today and points given.OK?Chuck"
This wouldn't bother me if not for the "OK?" at the end. It hit me as rude and demeaning, like I'm stupid or something. Never, in the entire time I have been taking classes with DeVry Online, have I been able to view a grade before the teacher graded and posted it. But he's implying that I was saying there was no grade there at all and that I need to just be patient, stupid little girl that I am (okay, it doesn't say that, but that OK? really irks me).
Maybe I should have just left it alone, but I don't like being made to feel stupid, so I replied:
"Sorry, I guess I misunderstood--I read the announcements whenever I go into class. I'm just confused since I see my quiz grade posted (8/20) with my multiple choices graded, but the essays aren't. Should I be able to see that? Are the multiple choices and essays graded seperately?
Stefanie"
I may be overreacting. I probably am. This guy has just rubbed me wrong from the beginning (he didn't like the way I responded to threaded discussions from day one and told me so, even though the way I did it is the way my teachers from the last 3 years wanted it...).
I think I just need to graduate before I hurt someone...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment